As air pollution continues to increase, and the number of patients with lung diseases continues to increase. Oxygen generator are increasingly becoming a hot-selling medical device. Whether it is health care oxygen inhalation or home oxygen therapy, there is a great demand for oxygen generator.
Although the sales volume is increasing and the frequency of use is increasing, most people do not understand the “underlying details” of the oxygen generator. There are different perceptions as to whether it is producing oxygen or filtering oxygen. Many people think that the oxygen generator focuses on the filtration system in the promotion, so the oxygen generator filters the oxygen in the air for patients to inhale oxygen.
So can the oxygen generator really produce oxygen?
Oxygen concentrator is no longer a special product for hospitals. It is increasingly entering people’s homes and becoming a new generation of home oxygen concentrators. As early as the United States, home oxygen concentrators were widely welcomed as a health care product. In recent years, home oxygen concentrators have also been loved by Chinese families. There are different types of household oxygen generators: electronic oxygen generators, oxygen-enriched membrane oxygen generators, pressure swing adsorption oxygen generators, molecular sieve oxygen generators, and chemical oxygen generators. So what is the working principle of the household oxygen generator?
1. The general principle of the household oxygen generator: The principle of the oxygen generator is to use air separation technology. First, the air is compressed with high density and then the difference in the condensation point of each component in the air is used to separate the gas and liquid at a certain temperature. It is obtained by further distillation. The working principle of the household oxygen generator: the use of molecular sieve physical adsorption and desorption technology. The oxygen generator is filled with molecular sieves, which can absorb nitrogen in the air when pressurized, and the remaining unabsorbed oxygen is collected and purified after purification. Becomes high-purity oxygen. The molecular sieve discharges the adsorbed nitrogen back into the ambient air when it is decompressed, and can absorb nitrogen and produce oxygen during the next pressurization. The whole process is a periodic dynamic cycle process, and the molecular sieve is not consumed.
2. Principle of molecular sieve oxygen generator: It adopts an advanced gas separation technology (PSA method). The service life of this kind of oxygen concentrator is generally between 3000-5000 hours, and it is a popular household oxygen generator.
3. Principle of chemical oxygen generator: Use reasonable chemical formula to produce oxygen under specific conditions. This kind of oxygen generator can indeed meet the urgent needs of some consumers, but the operation is troublesome, the use cost is high, and it cannot be used continuously, so it is not suitable for home oxygen therapy.
4. Common sense about the maintenance of home oxygen generator: all products will inevitably be damaged, and the price of home oxygen generator is very high. In order to save money, we must pay attention to repairing the home oxygen generator. First choose a reasonable oxygen inhalation time. For patients with severe chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and clear lung function abnormalities, and the oxygen partial pressure continues to be less than 60 mmHg, oxygen therapy should be given for more than 15 hours a day; for some patients, there is no or only With mild hypoxemia, short-term oxygen administration can alleviate the discomfort of “shortness of breath” during activity, tension or fatigue. The oxygen in the oxygen cylinder cannot be used up. Generally, 1mPa is required to prevent dust and impurities from entering the cylinder and causing an explosion when refilling. . Nasal catheters, nasal congestion, humidification bottles, etc. should be disinfected regularly.
Maintenance of household oxygen generator
1. Placement: Place the household oxygen generator in a dry and ventilated place, and avoid placing it in a humid place, such as a bathroom, toilet, and closed storage room. When not in use, cover the oxygen generator with a cloth To prevent dust contamination. The bottom of the oxygen generator should be flat. Some oxygen generators have an anti-fall switch at the bottom. The machine cannot be energized if it is not placed steadily.
2. Do not allow oil or grease to come into contact with the oxygen generator, so as to avoid fires when such substances are exposed to oxygen.
3. When producing oxygen, keep the indoor air clean, and it is strictly forbidden to smoke indoors.
4. Do not place objects on the household oxygen generator, such as cups, mobile phones, MP4, books, etc., otherwise it will affect the heat dissipation of the oxygen generator.
5. Clean up regularly. Cut off the power supply, and use a rag moistened with cleaning fluid to clean the cabinet regularly. When cleaning, ensure that the cleaning fluid enters the machine from the gap; the water tank should be thoroughly cleaned every week to ensure oxygen hygiene; long-term use should be maintained for about three days. The oxygen tube and oxygen inhaler (face mask) can be disinfected and cleaned. They can be disinfected with 5% potassium permanganate for about 5 minutes and then rinsed with water to dry or wipe clean with alcohol. 6. Idle maintenance. When it is not used for a long time, clean the water in the humidifying water tank; sterilize and wash the oxygen delivery pipe and oxygen inhalation and store it in a dry place to avoid contact with dust.
For more information, pls check the boxym